Hashi What?

Home Forums Labs Hashi What?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Somkn 8 months, 1 week ago.

SoccerMom
Participant

New & wanted to say HI and share my story, as I frantically research Hashimoto Disease.

I went to see an endocrinologist last week.  She could NOT believe my doctor has not put me on hormone replacement therapy, especially after having my hydrothermal ablation in 2006 due to horrible cycles after our 2nd child, which also sent me into menopause early. I went over all my symptoms with this Dr:

Menopause at 40-41
Thyroid Test – T4 was:
3.3 (Primary Dr.) in April
3.7 in July (Wellness Center)
5.9 in October (OBGYN) – T3 was 24 – Free Thyroxine was 1.4
(Did not realize I was missing the TSH or needing an Antibody test. I was told they did a “full panel”.)

My Symptoms for Several Years Now:

Hot Flashes all throughout the day and night (Life Shotz helps)

Increased heart rate at times/Flutters.

Difficulty in sleeping soundly through the night.  (Life Shotz helps)

Cold sensitivity – especially my feet and hands (within seconds, I could shivering) – will take extremely hot baths to get rid of the chill.

Dry Skin/Hair

Skin more saggy

Vision blurry at times (could be dry?)

Memory is horrible (anxiety when I am trying to remember) – Thinking is fuzzy

No energy (Life Shotz helps)

Not motivated (better now that I am back to work)

Zero libido and painful

Weight gain

Water retention

Joint Pain (Life Shotz helps)

“Charlie Horse” / Cramps in bottom of foot, more so in the last few months

Nails are bumpy/ridges

Just feel “off” or “not myself”

Dizziness (from concussion?)

B12 Deficient (Life Shotz helps)

Anemic (Life Shotz helps)

Blood Sugar DROPS but was tested for diabetes and it was negative.

After discussing all of my symptoms above, her mouth fell open!  She said she is in disbelief that these symptoms were dismissed or simply not looked into a little deeper.  She didn’t want me to worry but it sounded a lot like “Hashimoto’s Disease” & she ordered a full panel, including TSH and Antibody Test….and numerous others. I should have the results back by next Friday.

SO, I began my research and run across, Signs and symptoms Hashimoto Disease:

Fatigue and sluggishnessIncreased sensitivity to cold

Constipation

Pale, dry skin

A puffy face

Hoarse voice

Unexplained weight gain — occurring infrequently and rarely exceeding 10 to 20 pounds, most of which is fluidMuscle aches, tenderness and stiffness, especially in your shoulders and hipsPain and stiffness in your joints and swelling in your knees or the small joints in your hands and feet

Muscle weakness, especially in your lower extremities

Excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia)

Depression

A slowed heart rate

Problems getting pregnant (tried for 8 years!)

B12 and Iron issues

Eczma/Dryness on hands/fingers

After reading and learning about this, MY mouth fell open!

It also see it attacks the cerebellum (brain) which can cause foggy memory, headaches and dizziness, blurriness and hearing.  It also attacks the Gastrointestinal and Pancreas which will cause gastrointestinal issues and blood sugar to drop/adrenal issues.

This may sound ridiculous, but in a strange way, I hope this is the answer to all my issues! Wish me luck in getting to the ROOT CAUSE!

All thoughts/suggestions/experiences welcome!

Author Posts
Author Posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.